[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Ammo Tax (10 cent tax/box)

Ammo Tax (10 cent tax/box)

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Ammo Tax (10 cent tax/box)

Postby tdfirearms » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Since I buy my ammo online, do I need to pay the tax on the ammo? What happens if the ammo boxes don't have the stamp and they are seen by law enforcement or a game warden? Probably will not happen, but in my job I can not have ANYTHING on my record. I don't mind this tax because it goes directly to TWRA for their expenses.
tdfirearms

Re: Ammo Tax (10 cent tax/box)

Postby David Lewis » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 pm

Don't know about on-line purchases...probably so.

However, it's quite possible to have boxes of ammo without the TN 10-cent stamp on them. It's supposed to be applied to the
unit sold, so if you bought a case, there should only be a single 10-cent stamp on the case proper...not one on every smaller
subcontainer inside the case itself. WalMart has a bad habit of sticking 4 stamps on a 100-round "case" of shotgun shells...
but I bet you they only pay the 10 cents for the unit sold, and pocket the other 30 cents. But I digress...

Also, I've had the stamps fall off.

I really think you're worrying about nothing.

Just my opinion: that & 10 cents will pay the tax on a box of ammo! :mrgreen:

David
David Lewis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:39 am

I wonder say I, I do....

Is that $.10 tax supposed to apply per container of components as well as loaded ammo? I have seen the Tax stamp applied to bullets at various shops that sell reloading supplies.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby David Lewis » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:23 pm

David Lewis

Return to Laws and Regulations