[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Pledge to have no guns in "bars"

Pledge to have no guns in "bars"

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Pledge to have no guns in "bars"

Postby morg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:51 pm

In light of Rayburn and Dread's pledge to keep guns out of bars and the fact that owners and managers can still carry those nasty guns, how about a public pledge from Rayburn and his ilk that they will not carry guns into their own establishments?

Let's see how their idiot followers will continue if they refuse.

How about an official and published letter to inquiry?
morg

Re: Pledge to have no guns in "bars"

Postby morg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:15 pm

Chalk this up with any other ideas I will forget by Tues:

John, how about getting the web master to post a graph comparing comparing the number of HCP holders that commit crimes going into "bars" verses DUI's coming out of "bars".

Follow it with a track of whose restaurant or bar the drunk came out from.

You're so Nashville if you think a sober man with a gun is dangerous but a drunk with a 5000lb weapon is OK.
morg

Postby johnharris » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:18 pm

We could do that but would need a good source of data or we would be accused of just making up the data.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby KevinMcCauley » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 am

Is it possible to begin monitoring police reports for DUIs? Sometimes these drunkards are dumb enough to even further incriminate themselves and mention where they drank their "two glasses of wine".
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby johnharris » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:37 am

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:52 am

since Obama has so much money already passed to be spent ,perhaps we can get a grant named under ,community activism and betterment or something,,lol, and pay some college kids or whoever with government money to research for something useful, rather than which direction hair grows on an otter's tail... hey,, it's an idea anyway, I've seen money spent on the dumbest things by our government, might as well be something that will be of benefit.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby SomeGuy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:07 am

Pledge not to have legally carried firearms in them?

They can have MY pledge not to have my hard earned dollars spent in them.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby ngoeser » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm

So why don't we have an article written up in the Tennessean to see if Randy Rayburn plans to NEVER carry a firearm in his own establishment? Ask for a public answer from him. If he REALLY does not want guns there, then HE HIMSELF SHOULD NOT CARRY. He needs to give a public answer on this.
ngoeser

Postby lilredhunter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Does anyone know for sure that Rayburn or Dread have a permit or if they actually carry? If someone could get a pic of them with a weapon it would be so easy.
Chris
A VERY Proud Member of TFA & NRA
lilredhunter

Postby morg » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm

There are several Rayburns on the list but none that I recognize. Dread is not on the list.

But get this, NEITHER AM I !!!!

My name was on there but is now gone.

I have a valid permit.

Morg
morg

Postby lilredhunter » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Where can you check the list?
Chris
lilredhunter

Postby morg » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:42 am

morg

Postby SomeGuy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:37 am

I think they use an old list, and have been removing names as the permits expire.

I was on the list, but when mine expired (even though I renewed) I was removed.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby morg » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 am

That is my situation, I guess.

I renewed.

No new card yet but wearing out the paper they gave me.

Morg
morg

Postby lilredhunter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:07 pm

They don't have any plans to update their database again until November. Their current one is supposed to be current as of May 2nd. So it is way out of date. I thought maybe the state had one we could access.
Chris
lilredhunter

Return to Laws and Regulations