Independence Day,what is it to you?

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Independence Day,what is it to you?

Postby backwoodsman » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I am curious what this day means to people, most people I see view it as time off work if they are fortunate enough to have a job now.Others a time to get drunk,have picnics,gather with family,and shoot off fireworks.I look forward to hearing what it means to our members.What it means to me:

233 years ago many brave men fought against tyranny to have the right of freedom to create their own nation with their own laws,laws which would protect their freedom and liberties.Many paid the price with their very lives,in order give freedom to all of it's citizens and their descendants.They instituted a free republic,and drafted sacred documents to ensure the longevity of what they fought so bravely for.They chose to question,questionable authority,and to smite it,and remove it from their land.
Those men had wives and sisters and grandmothers , all who aided in the cause,it truly was We the People bonded together in a just and Godly cause.

To these brave men and women,who in spite the fear of death ,gave all ,so that all might have freedom of choice,religion,and speech, I owe a debt of honor ,and gratitude towards them.Even more they entrusted We the People for all generations after to ensure, that which they gave their perspiration,soul,and even their lives for,remain a free republic,free of tyranny.

I thank God ,I am an American,and pray he wakes the sleeping,gives strength to the fearful,and wisdom to those who stand against any and all who would tarnish this republic.
To all who read, Happy Independence Day!
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Return to Laws and Regulations