[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Bought a used 1911 from a dealer, doesnt go BANG

Bought a used 1911 from a dealer, doesnt go BANG

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

Bought a used 1911 from a dealer, doesnt go BANG

Postby wizardpc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:10 pm

So at the last RK show in Smyrna I bought a used Para 12.45 LDA from an FFL. Took it to the range the next Tuesday and discovered that sometimes it doesn't go bang when you pull the trigger.

Further investigation reveals that it's a mechanical issue, not an ammunition/operator issue. The hammer sometimes falls back to the "cocked" position instead of falling all the way and striking the firing pin.

Now, I don't think the dealer knew this gun was defective, I want to make that clear. That's why I haven't named him here.

What are my options? I obviously can't sell it for what I paid for it, knowing what I know. Is the dealer obligated to accept a return? Should I ask that he pay for factory repairs? Legally, am I stuck with this boat anchor?
wizardpc

Re: Bought a used 1911 from a dealer, doesnt go BANG

Postby tjbert47 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Para ordanace will repair the gun at no charge. You can contact them and get a pickup order so you don't have to pay for shipping. They are good people to deal with.
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
tjbert47

Postby wizardpc » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm in contact with Para, and the lifetime waranty is non transferable (meaning it only applies to the original purchaser).

I've got an RMA number. Since this is an in-state shipping situation, do I have to go down to an FFL and have them ship it over to Sevierville, or can I just mail it?
wizardpc

Postby tjbert47 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:12 pm

It's been a while but as I recall by law you can ship directly to an FFL holder. That being said most FFLs will not except a gun not shipped from another FFL. I would call the dealer in question and just ask if he will accept the gun shiped from you.
When the gun is shipped back it will of course have to go through an FFL holder. The factory is the only one that can ship directly to the owner.

When I had a problem with my P10-45, Para never asked how or when I got the gun.
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
tjbert47

Return to Laws and Regulations