[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - responsibility of HCP holders II

responsibility of HCP holders II

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

responsibility of HCP holders II

Postby Fred762 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Just asking for an update, John..I have had my HCP for going on 20 years now w/o trouble & only had one traffic stop in the last 10-15 years and it only generated a warning..(I had passed a "granny" going 1/2 the limit) crossing a double yellow on a long stretch of Williamson county road. Oops..Sheriff deputy was 2 cars behind me in the line of cars following "granny". Anyways he laughed and let me off w a warning, & I never considered showing the permit, nor did I mention having a firearm..I always do have my gun..it just never entered my mind.

So I guess I just need a "layman's understandable explanation"..here: A. what are the requirements at a simple traffic stop as far as volunteering to show the LEO your permit. B When do it? C. Do you have to voluntarily SHOW the officer your gun, or do you wait until he asks to SEE it, etc ? etc etc. I have a reasonable wish NOT to draw my loaded firearm for any reason unless my life is being threatened... so what are the up to date rules John??
Fred762

Re: responsibility of HCP holders II

Postby Idahoser » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm not the one you asked, but I have a thought about it.

I don't recall seeing anything in the law one way or the other here. If he runs your license it will show that you have a permit anyway. If he asks me to get out of the car, that's when I'll mention it.
Idahoser

Re: responsibility of HCP holders II

Postby Fred762 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:33 pm

Fred762

Return to Laws and Regulations