[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - How do you interpret this post from TN LEO?

How do you interpret this post from TN LEO?

We have 20,000+ laws and regulations to be concerned with - most in possible derivation of the Second Amendment

Moderators: SomeGuy, tjbert47

How do you interpret this post from TN LEO?

Postby etk » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:04 pm

I occasionally read the forums at officer.com & this one confused me. Apparently posted by a TN LEO(TnDeputy), the part that confused me is this:

"As a matter of routine, I always ask if there are any weapons in the car when I approach. In TN, they are required to inform LEO upon contact."

The entire thread link is:

I tried to subscribe & clarify but they refused me. I suspect they try to maintain a certain ratio of LEO's to civilian 'cop haters'.

I am ignorant of "In TN, they are required to inform LEO upon contact."
I understand: If asked: don't lie...you're legal. But that's different.

I agree with the TnDeputy's comments about HCP holders & firearms in general so I think he may have mis-worded the above quote or I am mis-reading it.

Whadda ya think?
etk

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:13 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby GGUNSHOP » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:41 pm

Phillip Arrington
Goodlettsville Gun Shop
602 S. Main St
Goodlettsville Tn 37072
615-859-8822

ggunshop@bellsouth.net

http://www.goodlettsvillegunshop.com
GGUNSHOP

Postby MitchSchaft » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:32 pm

MitchSchaft

Postby David » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 am

On one forum I visit there's a cop there (from another state, but pretty much the same law regarding this topic) that says that when he stops someone he will "find" a reason to disarm the permit holder and if at all possible will "find" a reason to not give it back...

Wonder how common that really is?
David

Informing

Postby ProguninTN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:12 pm

Yep, no duty to inform, unless asked. Although, part of that post was correct. The HCP will show up if your DL is run.
ProguninTN
ProguninTN

Return to Laws and Regulations