[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - We are in business, SAT DEC 10 11AM

We are in business, SAT DEC 10 11AM

Chattanooga and the surrounding areas.

Moderator: SomeGuy

We are in business, SAT DEC 10 11AM

Postby SomeGuy » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:25 pm

Alright folks, I just got off the phone with the manager at Ryans Steakhouse. Little background, this woman herself told me she had a permit, but company policy doesn't let her carry. She seemed quite pleased at us coming, even though she will be working that day. This same facility hosts the county Libertarians, I have a feeling this place is to our liking. Does not serve alcohol, no 'No-Gun' signs. They are not charging us a fee for the room, but whenever people come in, on their personal tab they will already add a 15% gratuity fee.

The facts:

-Meeting is on the second Saturday, for December that is the 10th.
-11AM.
-Ryans Steakhouse on Hixson Pike.
http://ryans.know-where.com/Ryans/cgi/s ... n&mapid=US

If there is some detail I neglected to mention, post and I will add it in later.

James.
SomeGuy

Chattanooga chapter start up

Postby Tim Nunan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:10 pm

Outstanding James... well done.

Ok folks let's help get the word out to gun owners in the Chattanooga area.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby MountainJoe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:40 am

Hello - a friend just pointed me to this forum and I signed up.... It's good to see that there are other firearms enthusiasts in the Chattanooga area.

I have been meeting at the Ryan's on Hixson Pike with the Hamilton County Libertarians. I think it will serve well as a meeting place. Yes, it is CCW friendly (to customers, at least ... stinks about the employees not being allowed to carry).

I think I will be able to make it on the 10th. I will certainly do my best to attend. I have been considering joining the TFA for some time and the presence of a chapter in this area is just the incentive I need.

I will also mention the meeting to some of the HCLPers who are avid shooters. I think I can get a couple of them to attend. BTW, the HCLP meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. (come about 6:30 if you want to eat before the meeting starts). This month, that would be Tuesday, December 6. You will not find a more pro-2A group than libertarians, so feel free to attend if you are interested.

Best,

Joe
"One man with courage is a majority." -- Thomas Jefferson
MountainJoe

Re: We are in business, SAT DEC 10 11AM

Postby BulletBillSR » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:03 pm

The facts:

-Meeting is on the second Saturday, for December that is the 10th.
-11AM.
-Ryans Steakhouse on Hixson Pike.
http://ryans.know-where.com/Ryans/cgi/s ... n&mapid=US

If there is some detail I neglected to mention, post and I will add it in later.

James.[/quote]

Good luck in getting a Chattanooga TFA chapter started. Like Tim, if I can be
of any assistance, please let me know.

Bill Noll
TFA Knoxville TFA chapter
BulletBillSR

Knoxville

Postby AtomicTaco » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:26 am

Will any Knoxville members be going down for this meeting? I am thinking of making the trip, but will have to see what is going on in the office. If anyone else is going maybe we could carpool or caravan.
I neutered my cat, now he's a liberal.
AtomicTaco

Postby MountainJoe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 am

BTW, for those planning on attending the December 10 meeting:

I got a post card in the mail the other day from Carter Shooting Supply in Harrison (out Highway 58 ). That is where I took my TN HCP class. They are having a customer appreciation day on 12/10 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Their card says "We will have food and drinks, also chances to win door prizes. The indoor range will be open for you to try it out." (Not an insignificant thing this time of year. :)

So if anyone is interested, maybe after the TFA meeting we can head over there and check it out. It's not really close to Ryan's, but probably no more than a 20 minute drive or so.
MountainJoe

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:02 pm

Joe,

I also got the postcards, as not only did I take my HCP class their, all of my pistols have come from them.

I myself am planning to head over there straight from the meeting. If you remind me, I may even announce it during our meeting. We might get Carter to post some kind of TFA materials if we all show up as a group. He has NRA stuff everywhere, shouldn't be too hard to get some TFA stuff placed too.

Small world isn't it?

Taco (and any other travellers),

If you guys do make a road trip to join us, let me know. Guests deserve to be announced and thanked for coming so far.
SomeGuy

Postby MountainJoe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 pm

Heading over there after the meeting sounds like a plan. I agree, it would be nice if we could get several folks to go as a group.

All my handguns so far have come from individuals or gun shows. I like the folks over at Carter's and would probably shop there more if it weren't the "other end of the world" from Signal Mountain. :cry:
MountainJoe

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:54 pm

Joe,

Ever do Prentice Cooper? As a Red Bank person, I go up there occaisionally. Also, Carters range is expensive. Like 150 for a year, and that isn't unlimited time. Like the guy, like his store, range is overpriced though.
SomeGuy

Postby MountainJoe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:39 pm

Yeah, although I haven't been out shooting at all recently. But when I do shoot, it's usually at Prentice Cooper because the price is right :) and it's on my side of town. My buddy Marshall of mouseguns.com, who turned me on to this site, also lives on the mountain and shoots there some, too.

Not only is Carter's range expensive, it's in Harrison, which might as well be Cleveland to me :(

We should get up a group to go to PC sometime ... but meanwhile we should take advantage of any free range time we can get at Carter's on 12/10 8)
MountainJoe

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:05 pm

Is it going to be free, or open to the public?

I once called and they told me youi couldn't just rent time, had to be a member.

If they will open to the public, I will rent and shoot. Should be fun. Carter is going to make a killing on ammo come 12/10.
SomeGuy

Postby MountainJoe » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:55 am

I'm not sure. When I read "the indoor range will be open for you to try it out" I just assumed it meant a "free sample" to try to induce people to join. It is possible they may charge a fee to try it out. But my guess is that if you buy a box or two of ammo they probably wouldn't charge you. (That day, at least.) I guess we'll find out for sure when we get there.
MountainJoe

Postby SomeGuy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:23 pm

I want to try out a Glock Model 32, so I hope they are having the range open.
SomeGuy

Return to Chattanooga