[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - TFA June 15, 2010 - Nikki Goeser

TFA June 15, 2010 - Nikki Goeser

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

TFA June 15, 2010 - Nikki Goeser

Postby johnharris » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:45 am

Nashville Chapter is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Meeting time is 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 pm

Guest, friend and TFA member: Nikki Goeser. Nikki has been featured over the last year in a number of interviews and in the Tennessee Senate while she told the story of seeing her husband, Ben, murdered mere feet from her by a stalker.

Nikki had a handgun carry permit. She did not have it with her because she and Ben were working that night in a sports bar as entertainment. Her gun was in her car as she watched her beloved repeatedly shot at point blank range by a stalker. Could she have intervened - perhaps. Was she denied by state law (now repealed) of the chance - yes.

If you have never attended a TFA meeting - please join us - you do not have to be a member.

Arrive early - 5:00 to 5:30 would be good. Eat in the meeting room if possible and if not, get as close as you can. We will try finishing eating by 7:00 in the meeting room to clear out everything but drinks for the meeting if we have a large turnout.

315 Old Lebanon Dirt Rd
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 874-1313

IT IS IMPORTANT TO PAY AT GOLDEN CORAL AS YOU COME IN FOR THE MEETING IF YOU ARE EATING. TELL THEM THAT AT THE CASH REGISTER THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR THE MEETING AND TO APPLY THE "GROUP RATE" WHICH INCLUDES YOUR DRINK.

You do not have to be a TFA member to attend nor do you have to be a resident of Nashville. Everyone is welcome and encourage to bring guests - even spouses.

I want to encourage each of you to bring someone with you to the meeting who has not been to one or been to one recently. There's no cost to come (unless you eat because the meal is on you).
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: TFA June 15, 2010 - Nikki Goeser

Postby Volzfan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:39 pm

I'll be there.
David
Volzfan

Postby David Lewis » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:20 am

Bump.
David Lewis

Postby GuardianDevil001 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:32 pm

I was over at Ron Ramsey's Nashville HQ earlier today and picked up a few extra lawn signs. If you attend the meeting tonight and would like one then get a hold of me. I have a shaved head and will wear my red "retro" TFA shirt.

Dan
GuardianDevil001

Postby RobertNashville » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 pm

What a meeting tonight!

Nikki did a great job...even though I've herd her before go over some of her story through various media, hearing it in person was a privilege and so much more meaningful. I can't even imagine the pain and grief she feels, but I am encouraged at how she has taken such a horrible tragedy and turned it into something so positive - something, I think, that will have positive outcomes for many, many people for many years to come.

I also can't help but think how lucky we all are that we have a group like TFA and all the hard work that has been put into protecting our rights - thanks to John and to all that have been a part and fought the good fight for so long!
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby johnharris » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 pm

I think it was one of the best meetings. I have heard Nikki's story several times and in a lot of detail. I am amazed at the fact that she can relay it. She has demonstrated a will and conviction that few people realize that they possess and that even fewer are ever called upon to exhibit. She has the wisdom to know that it was not the gun in the hands of the stalker that murdered her husband, Ben, but a murderer.

What can you do? The murderer is up for trial in November of this year in Nashville. If you want to support Nikki, call and contact the Davidson County District Attorney's office and demand that they seek and obtain the death penalty for this cold blooded, premeditated murder. Tennessee needs to use the death penalty in appropriate cases and this is one - a case where an entire sports bar witnessed the intentional murder of her unarmed husband. It will not bring Ben back but it will end this murderer's life prior to a natural death.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Volzfan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

David
Volzfan

Postby ghughes » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:29 am

My Letter is in the mail, see blow and feel free to copy
Dear General Johnson,

As you are very aware on April 2, 2009 Ben Goeser was murdered inside of Johnny’s Sports Bar on Nolensville Road in Nashville. Additionally you are aware this murder happened in the presence of his wife and a crowded bar of patrons.

It is my understanding that Hank Wise is currently awaiting trial for this brutal and senseless act and that trial will take place later this year. As you are well aware TCA 13-13-204 (i) lists the circumstances required to put a person to death in the great State of Tennessee. It is my heartfelt belief that at least one or more of these circumstances apply in this case. With that in mind I respectfully request you and your office reconsider the decision not to seek the death penalty in this case.
ghughes

Return to Nashville