[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - January meeting for Nashville area?

January meeting for Nashville area?

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

January meeting for Nashville area?

Postby RobertNashville » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:49 am

Just wondering; will there be a January meeting?
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: January meeting for Nashville area?

Postby oldsmobile98 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:17 pm

oldsmobile98

Postby David Lewis » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 am

The room is reserved for this Tuesday, 19 January, at Golden Corral in Hermitage, beginning, as usual, at 5:30 for dinner & fellowhip.
The meeting is from 7:00PM to 8:00PM.

I don't know if there is a scheduled speaker, but I'm sure there will be plenty to discuss, given that the legislature is now back in town.

John will post meeting details when he has them.

I'm a maybe because of recent foot surgery...but I hope to see you there!

David
David Lewis

Postby Tim Nunan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:53 pm

This Tuesday is the 19th.

[So it is. Thanks. David]
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby johnharris » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:40 pm

I am expecting to be our guest speaker. He sits on the House Judiciary Committee. Rep. Faulkner works with the Knox County Sheriff's department and represents Campbell and Union Counties.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby oldsmobile98 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Sorry everybody, didn't make it to this one, but I am gonna bust it to make it to the one in February.
oldsmobile98

Postby David Lewis » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:43 pm

I was unable to attend for several reasons. However, there was a great turnout.

There were at least four (4) State Representatives, plus a couple of other Legislative staff members who formed an impromptu
panel & both discussed & answered questions about legislation in the upcoming regular session. A great deal of the discussion
centered around the Restaurant Carry Bill.

Perhaps someone who was there will chime in with a recap? <nudge><nudge><wink><wink>

David
David Lewis

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:46 pm

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby RobertNashville » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Postby David Lewis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Robert--

Thanks for your comments & observations; I really appreciate them, as do others, I'm sure.

I really wish I could have been there; it would have been great to meet you. As you've already discovered, that's one of the best
things about attending a local chapter meeting--getting to know your fellow members, putting names with faces, & in general,
enjoying the fellowship of like-minded individuals.

Please come back next month...I don't know what the "program" will be, but it's guaranteed to be of interest.

I'm glad you joined!

David
David Lewis

Return to Nashville