[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - July 21 Chapter meeting - UPDATED - GOLDEN CORRAL

July 21 Chapter meeting - UPDATED - GOLDEN CORRAL

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

July 21 Chapter meeting - UPDATED - GOLDEN CORRAL

Postby johnharris » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:15 pm

UPDATE 7-18-09 - JULY CHAPTER WILL BE ON TUESDAY, July 21, 2009 at Golden Corral in Hermitage. Normal meeting time from 7 to 8. Purpose of the meeting will be to discuss and plan on how to address the upcoming council meetings on parks carry in Davidson and the status of the restaurant litigation. Also, we will be reviewing some of the short term projects in TFA and how they will be addressed.

The next meeting of the Nashville Chapter is scheduled for Tuesday, July 21.

HOWEVER, we are expecting to hear that the Metro Council will take up the parks bill on that same night. If so, we are considering whether to suspend the festive dinner gather and assembly at the Metro Council - "back in black" so to speak.

I would like to hear on whether there is enough interest to go to the council. If we do, I would like to have 70 to 100 in attendance - minimum.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: July 21 Chapter meeting - possible change of purpose

Postby falcon1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Well, I am not a resident of Davidson County, but I could try to be there anyway....
falcon1

Postby C. Richard Archie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

I will come, and bring those who will come with me.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby backwoodsman » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 pm

of course, I've already been contacted by a council member about being present, probably save a few pounds and fit in my clothes better missin the golden corral buffet,,hehee , might also need to post this towards the top of the forum page, get more attention,,, just a thought. maybe we could bus ourselves there, just like bredesens cronies.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Postby pol mordreth » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:00 am

Is the area posted? Or can we attend armed?

Regards,
Pol
pol mordreth

Postby johnharris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 pm

The council meeting is in the courthouse. The assembly would likely be on the steps. I will operation on the assumption permit holders are unwelcome.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby morg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:59 pm

I just now found this as I was checking for the next meeting date.

How about a an email to remind everyone.

John, if this is where you want us, I'll be there.

Maybe show up early and say howdy to a few councilmen.

Probably won't change their mind be will put a face to the opposition.

Some tend to pay more attention later and some just hide from me.

Morg.
morg

Postby JTravis » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Do we have a ralley point and a time to meet there yet?
Those who fail to defend their rights will live under the rules of those who don't.

JTravis

Postby morg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Guns in parks is 11th Second Reading bill.

Commendations, resolutions, 10 First Reading Bills.

Starts at 6:30.
morg

Postby johnharris » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:00 pm

I am talking with council members and there is a chance that the hearing will get rolled to August 4 to allow the "safety" subcommittee to have an open forum for discussion on July 30. I hope to have a final "go or no go" by Friday.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: July 21 Chapter meeting - UPDATED - GOLDEN CORRAL

Postby johnharris » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm

UPDATE 7-18-09 - JULY CHAPTER WILL BE ON TUESDAY, July 21, 2009 at Golden Corral in Hermitage. Normal meeting time from 7 to 8. Purpose of the meeting will be to discuss and plan on how to address the upcoming council meetings on parks carry in Davidson and the status of the restaurant litigation. Also, we will be reviewing some of the short term projects in TFA and how they will be addressed.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Nashville