[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting IMPORTANT UPDATE

May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting IMPORTANT UPDATE

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting IMPORTANT UPDATE

Postby johnharris » Sun May 03, 2009 10:25 am

Nashville Chapter is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, May 19, 2009. Note: Standard meeting night is the 3rd Tuesday of each month.

Meeting time is 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm. Please arrive early (I reserve the room starting at 5:30) to order, eat and socialize as possible.

315 Old Lebanon Dirt Rd
Hermitage, TN 37076
(615) 874-1313

IT IS IMPORTANT TO PAY AT GOLDEN CORAL AS YOU COME IN FOR THE MEETING IF YOU ARE EATING. TELL THEM THAT AT THE CASH REGISTER THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR THE MEETING AND TO APPLY THE "GROUP RATE" WHICH SHOULD BE $9.99 PLUS TAX INCLUDING YOUR DRINK.

We realize this is not in the downtown loop but we have been over capacity at Shoneys for several meetings and wanted to try a location that could handle a larger occupancy. This area will hold about 80.

If you have not been to a Golden Coral, its a buffet only. It has a huge selection of salad, soup, menu items, deserts, etc. It will be important to tip.

Note: We have negotiated a special rate that night and also are trying to obtain a private side entrance. If you enter at the front you will need to tell them at the register that you are there for the TFA meeting and that there is a discounted rate.

I have not confirmed the speaker yet but will update this post when those arrangements are confirmed.

You do not have to be a TFA member to attend nor do you have to be a resident of Nashville. Everyone is welcome and encourage to bring guests - even spouses.

I want to encourage each of you to bring someone with you to the meeting who has not been to one or been to one recently.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting

Postby KevinMcCauley » Mon May 04, 2009 9:20 am

Looking forward to it.
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Re: May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting

Postby johnharris » Sun May 17, 2009 7:11 am

Kevin,

I have been encouraging you for a while - I guess since I met your father. I think you will find it worth your time.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: May 19, 2009, TFA Chapter Meeting IMPORTANT UPDATE

Postby JayC » Mon May 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Is this location carry safe? Also as people not yet members welcome to attend?
JayC

Postby johnharris » Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 pm

TFA Chapter meetings do not require membership to attend.

As far as we have been able to determine, and subject to posting under 39-17-1359, it is not a prohibited place.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby KevinMcCauley » Tue May 19, 2009 8:36 pm

I very much enjoyed the meeting and am looking forward to getting involved on all these important issues. I am going to try my best to get one "newbie" to the meeting each month. I am thinking of telling people I will reimburse them for the dues if they show up to two meetings in a row. Starting now....
"If we are going to have people in places where there are guns you know they're going to make poor decisions."
- Nashville Police Chief Ronal Serpas

"I don’t want people in my bar not drinking."- Adam Dread
KevinMcCauley

Postby johnharris » Tue May 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Kevin,

It was great to finally meet you after playing email tag for so long. Meetings move pretty quick for me and it was way after 9 before I left. Makes a long evening but very well spent time!
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby David Lewis » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

It was a great meeting, with a record 64 people in attendance!

Judson Phillips spoke briefly about the Tea Party movement, & how it can relate to TFA.

John Harris provided a legislative update/review of the current session, featuring many TFA success stories.

The Golden Corral's buffet was excellent. We'll meet there again next month.

Hope to see you there.

David
David Lewis

Postby bluecanary25 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:52 am

It was a nice evening with many new faces.
Though he was present as a TFA member, Rep. Bell also answered some questions regarding legislation.
I think most folks liked meeting at The Golden Corral. Selection of food was better (I got my money's worth).
Sorry I did not stick around after the meeting.
George
(not reel brite and not always rite)
bluecanary25

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed May 20, 2009 7:10 pm

I appreciated the hospitality and camaraderie at the meeting. My wife mentioned how well mannered everyone was, (she is used to me hanging out with a little more red necked crowd I guess), fact is, she was well treated and welcomed. I intend to have her help me grow the chapter down here as a woman friendly association, important to our endeavor.

It was good to meet all you folks, and I look forward to becoming a part of the group to help secure our rights and privileges as Tennessee gun owners.

C. Richard Archie
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby photoguy67 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:26 pm

photoguy67

Postby johnharris » Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Richard, you already ARE part of the group!

Are you ready for me to create a chapter forum section for Jackson so that we can start making plans for that 1st meeting?
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby C. Richard Archie » Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 pm

I am sir.

Got with several of my group about assisting with working the show in July, and to meet and discuss things that evening if possible.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby David Lewis » Thu May 21, 2009 7:40 am

David Lewis

Return to Nashville