August 19 chapter meeting

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

August 19 chapter meeting

Postby johnharris » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Nashville Chapter is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm - please arrive early to get your orders in or start on the buffet. I try to arrive by 6:00 p.m. but we have had people arrive before 5:00 p.m. to socialize.

Location: Interstate Drive Shoneys in the meeting room. This is the Shoneys next to the Titan's stadium right across from the Gerhest House.

You do not have to be a TFA member to attend nor do you have to be a resident of Nashville. Everyone is welcome and encourage to bring guests - even spouses.

Our guest speaker will be Michael Sanders, President of TacticaLogic and a TFA member.

Mr. Sanders will present a short program on the AR-15 Weapons System covering its history, the variations, issues, usage, accessories, and ammunition. The weapons system, now with over 50 years of manufacture and improvements, still serves the military, law enforcement, and civilian sectors well. The rifle has for years been the subject of various controversies, from failure to function properly in the early days, to being labeled as an “assault rifle” by the more recent media. Myths with be revealed, and facts will be discussed. Michael says that we are going to learn and have a lot of fun. He also advises us to make sure to bring your AR-15 knowledge: There will be PRIZES for those that exhibit the highest level of understanding of the AR-15 weapons system and its history courtesy of Mr. Sanders.

I want to encourage each of you to bring someone with you to the meeting who has not been to one or been to one recently. There's no cost to come (unless you eat) and Tuesday nights are rather slow unless you are planning to go watch the Metro Council debate raising our taxes.

Come a little early and have time for dinner, or just coffee and pie.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: August 19 chapter meeting

Postby dunndw » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:55 pm

John, Did Shoney's give us the OK to have our Ars with us...or is this a no show and tell to keep people from freaking out :D
dunndw

Postby johnharris » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:31 pm

We have not crossed that bridge yet. I think discrete exposure in the parking lot might be ok but I would not carry into the facility unless we try to clear one as an exhibit for the speaker.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby bobsguns » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:53 pm

After a long, long softball season that played only on Tuesday noghts, I will return to the meetings & will (hopefully) be bringing a few others with me. :mrgreen:
bobsguns

Postby johnharris » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks to Mike Sanders for a great historical review of the AR15/M16 weapons platform. It was good to see several new faces tonight and to continue to see attendance pushing 20 or so!

Now, let us aim for an average of 30 in attendance.

Future topics including dueling in Tennessee, guns on school grounds, insight from the ATF, building an AR platform from scratch, insight from law enforcement..... and what interests you?
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Nashville