Announcement: May Meeting Set!

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

Announcement: May Meeting Set!

Postby lassante » Fri May 09, 2008 12:44 pm

I received this message from John Harris and thought I'd share.

Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Legislative Action Committee

Nashville Chapter is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 pm - please arrive early to get your orders in or start on the buffet. I try to arrive by 6:00 p.m. but we had people arrive before 5:00 p.m. last time to socialize.

Note: You do not have to be a TFA member to attend nor do you have to be a resident of Nashville. Everyone is welcome and encourage to bring guests - even spouses.

Location: Interstate Drive Shoneys in the meeting room. This is the Shoneys next to the Titan's stadium right across from the Gerhest House.

Our guest speaker will be State Representative Ben West Jr. (D. Nashville). I have known Rep. West for many, many years. He has sponsored many Second Amendment bills in the Tennessee General Assembly and has also requested many 2nd Amendment related Attorney General Opinions (he is not responsible for many of the poorly reasoned responses but he does ask the questions!)

I have asked Rep. West to share with us his thoughts on how each of us can be or become a more effective grassroots activist in terms of how we contact, motivate, and work with our elected officials. I have also ask that he be prepared to take a question and answer session on the current environment at the Tennessee House of Representatives and what the future holds in this election year.

I want to encourage each of you to bring someone with you to the meeting who has not been to one or been to one recently. There's no cost to come (unless you eat) and Tuesday nights are rather slow unless you are planning to go watch the Metro Council debate raising our taxes.

Come a little early and have time for dinner, or just coffee and pie.

As a reminder, we had discussed at the last meeting the possibility of having a shooting day at the Tennessee Clay Target Complex in June. We are still interested in pursuing that "field trip."
lassante

Well done!

Postby Tim Nunan » Fri May 09, 2008 12:49 pm

It seems the Nashville chapter has taken roots and I congratulate you all.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby johnharris » Fri May 09, 2008 2:39 pm

Well, we had a chapter leader and then he disappeared. I thought I would stick in for a while to try and find another.

I know several of you are regularly attending the Nashville chapter meeting. I would really, really appreciate it if someone would take over as the official chapter president for a year. Maybe we just need a vote so perhaps what I need to ask for are nominations.....
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby lassante » Fri May 09, 2008 3:09 pm

It has been all John's energy that has kept the Nashville chapter alive. As far as I know, he does all the work, the rest of us just show up, eat, ask questions, and talk guns/shooting/RTKBA. And of course I'm there pushing Friends of NRA events...

I'll be there. I've also posted the meeting over at www.tngunowners.com and put it on the calendar there.
lassante

Postby johnharris » Fri May 09, 2008 9:10 pm

I appreciate everyone that comes and spreads the word. I have ideas about speakers for most of the rest of the year but I need others to realize the work is not that hard and they can do a better job than I am.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Nashville