[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - April 15 2008 Chapter Meeting

April 15 2008 Chapter Meeting

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

April 15 2008 Chapter Meeting

Postby johnharris » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Last edited by johnharris on Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby bluecanary25 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 pm

Had a nice meeting tonight. (I understand MORE ARE WELCOME)
A wonderful presentation by Terry. Though I have never shot skeet or trap, with the coupons given to those that attended, I am very temped to give it a try. Sounds fun and challenging.
I am also intrigued about Mr. Pope's T.G.C.A. (Tennessee Gun Collector's Association). Looks like membership has distinct advantages. (I don't think it is correct for me to add a link... :oops: but Goggle is your friend!)
Nice to meet Rob, will be contacting you soon about helping out.
John C., nice to chat with you after the meeting.
John H. Thank you for having the meeting and the TFA decal for our windshield.
G'Nite all
bluecanary25

Postby johnharris » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:50 am

Thanks!

While I never intended to become the Nashville chapter coordinator, it seems like I am in that seat for a while so let's make the best of it. We are consistently having just under 20 at the meetings and I would like to get it up to at least 40 by summer. Those of you who are in the area but are not attending, please give me some suggestions - is it location, day, time or what?

I am looking for suggestions on a topic for May. I am considering a representative from Metro police, DOS or ATF but also am toying with a representative from Tennessee Shooting Sports Assoc to talk about scholastic clay targets. I would also like for someone to volunteer perhaps to do a talk on items of personal interest such as maybe turkey season, deer plots, concealment holsters, why I carry "whatever" and what I used to think was better, etc.

June's meeting may be our first field trip to the Tennessee Clay Targets Complex. We talked with Terry and Dick about having a TFA Tuesday or Wednesday where we get a group of TFA members, guests, etc. and all go out for a sort of "group lesson" and then shoot a couple of rounds. Terry said that the club has loaner guns, can provide ammo and almost everything a starting shooter might need. I asked about shotguns and it was basically bring what you have (almost any automatic, pump or double) would be a good one to start with. I am not sure that would include the Streetsweepers for those Class III owners however but he did not expressly say no.

I am pleased to see new faces each month and of course I am very glad to have those who have been at practically every meeting. Tell me PLEASE what can we do to make this better for everyone who would like to participate.

Remember, you DO NOT have to be a TFA member to attend and if you attend, please bring a guest, a date or a family member and at least they can enjoy a meal with us. I am pretty strict about the 6:30 to 7:30 times so its not a huge commitment.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Nashville