[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Nashville Area Chapter...

Nashville Area Chapter...

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

Postby SomeGuy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Bob (road),

Someone has to start up and lead it. Why not give it a shot? If you ever need help I know I will give what I can, (I am evil for volunteering another man, but he was instrumental in getting me going) Tim Nunan is another great source. Without a doubt he will be a large help to you. I highly recommend contacting him. Of course, John lives in Nashville, and can help you out immensely. Definitely contact him and he can provide you with some good information.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby tnroadrunner » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:07 am

Some Guy, thanks for the vote and will look into getting this going. I will be going to the Friends of the NRA dinner in Dickson on Sept. 14th and after that I will put my best foot forward on getting a meeting up and running.
tnroadrunner

Postby SomeGuy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Awesome, I wish you well.

When you are ready, you will be swamped with ideas/advice and everything up to and probably including a kitchen sink or two for you to use. Tim, and John gave me loads of support, and it helped. I know they will help you, and I know I will too. Enjoy the FoNRA dinner, we had one a month or so ago down here. Fun things.
J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Chapter ideas

Postby Tim Nunan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:29 pm

The Lakeway chapter has been meeting in restaurants since its formation in 2003. Each of the two restaurants had/have a separate meeting space; the restaurant used by the Knoxville chapter provides a secluded part of the facility for their meetings.

We meet monthly and have had law enforcement (THP, sheriff, local police officers), state senators/representatives from surrounding counties as well as a few candidates for those positions, TWR officer, TN Homeland Security for Eastern TN, gun store owners, Quail Unlimited, local trap club and many others I've not listed. The potential for speakers is limited only by what your members want to hear.

We advertise in newpapers (community news), several radio stations (community news), send emails to those members that have it and send flyers to those that don't have email. The cost of mailing is supported by donations to the "jar" at each meeting. Funding raising ideas are again unlimited; perhaps a drawing each month for one of John's book, a TFA cap/shirt, or even a donated item from a local sports store.

Hope some of this helps.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Nashville Chapter

Postby tnroadrunner » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:42 am

tnroadrunner

Resources

Postby Tim Nunan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:06 pm

Tim Nunan