[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Nashville January Meeting ON AGAIN!

Nashville January Meeting ON AGAIN!

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

Nashville January Meeting ON AGAIN!

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:30 am

The Nashville January meeting would normally be scheduled for the third Tuesday which would be the 15th this month. It has come too us pretty quick.

I have talked with a few of those who have been attending and am getting mixed interests about meeting next week to talk about what I was planning to address and that is "What is TFA and where is it going next."

I would also like some quick feedback on whether to keep meeting at APPS or possibly try to move the meeting to a restaurant and get one of the meeting rooms. This would not necessarily be an every month change but I am thinking more of a meet, eat, visit and talk session for January.

What about pizza, Chinese buffet, Golden Coral, Ryans or those types of casual locations?
Last edited by johnharris on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnharris
Site Admin

Nashville January meeting

Postby McKayKyle » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:19 pm

I'm good for any of the listed restaurants types with Shoney's at the top ( I want to see if they have really changed), and Pizza and chinese at the bottom . Otherwise, APPS is a good place to me for regular meetings .
McKayKyle

Postby lassante » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Sounds good to me. I think a more social environment or portion of the meeting might enhance attendance. I eat pretty much anything put in front of me, so any of the options listed is fine with me. We could also continue to meet at APPS and bring food in (pizza delivery with everyone tossing in a few bucks, etc.)

My idea of the best meetings:
1) Social component (before or after the business portion)
2) Food
3) Engaging/interesting speaker/topic
4) A set agenda, announced well in advance, at a set day/time.
5) A good size, diverse audience who share common interests/ideas.

I'm for whatever we can do to enhance 1-5 above and am willing to pay to eat.
lassante

Postby morg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:41 pm

morg

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:56 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 pm

johnharris
Site Admin

Postby johnharris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am

UPDATE - SEE POST BELOW ABOUT MEETING AT SHONEY'S NEAR THE STADIUM

There will not be a Nashville chapter meeting in January.

I spoke with Buford Tune at APPS on Wednesday and he will not be available on the 15th which means that the APPS facilities are not available. Couple that with the notice that I received on the 15th that I will be in court in Stewart County that afternoon and the fact that Nashville presently does not have a chapter leader means that pulling together the meeting likely will not work.

At this point, we are proposing to have thenext meeting on February 19th at APPS which will be, we hope, the discussion from Mr. Price with the Military Collectors Association to talk about Class III weapons.

TFA's Nashville chapter is going to need someone to handle the monthly meeting issues. I do not think that Buford or I have the ability to take on that extra responsibility at this point. If you are interested, contact me.
Last edited by johnharris on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Fencer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Fencer

Postby johnharris » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:29 pm

John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Fencer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Fencer

January 15 meeting

Postby McKayKyle » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 am

I'll be there . Thanks for settling the question for this month .
McKayKyle

Postby JTravis » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Those who fail to defend their rights will live under the rules of those who don't.

JTravis

Postby bluecanary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Was most happy to eat and chat with some fine folks tonite.
Some good ideas and interesting plans for the near future.
I plan to make next months (Feb '08 ) meeting.
Be nice if more people joined in........

That would be an invite/challenge to others in the forum. :wink:
bluecanary25

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:56 am

It was a brief meeting and mainly just table talk. Frankly, I enjoyed it every bit as much as the ones where I am required to be prepared.

We are planning a speaker for February who will talk about Class III topics. It should be fun and is something I am interested in learning more about.

March will likely be a state legislator but I am not at liberty to identify who yet.

We also talked about the possibility that April or May we may have a "field trip" and meet at a local range for just some companionship time as a group on a range.

I think the consensus was that the Shoney's was a good location and that it will hold probably 30 or so. We need to check with management before we make any assumptions though.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby bobsguns » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:24 pm

Do we have a Feb date yet? We need to ensure it doesn't interfere with the Pope Gun show Feb 15, 16 & 17, IMO.

I was unable to make the last meeting due to work. :(
bobsguns

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 am

The plan is now that there is a February meeting. Those in attendance at the last meeting liked Shoneys for a variety of reasons. The meeting room holds about 30 and plenty of coffee and no cleanup.

I am trying to confirm that the speaking will be from the TN Military Collectors Association to talk with us about class III firearms. We don't know if we can bring samples in to Shoney's yet so that has to be addressed as well.

The meeting date and time is 3rd Tuesday at 6:30 to 7:30. For February that would be the 19th.
John Harris

Executive Director
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby bobsguns » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:33 pm

bobsguns

Postby lassante » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:40 pm

lassante

Postby bluecanary25 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:46 pm

bluecanary25