[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - TFA Nashville September 2007 Meeting Recap

TFA Nashville September 2007 Meeting Recap

Standard Meeting Time - 3rd Tuesday of each month. 7:00 pm to 8pm. Golden Corral in Hermitage on Old Hickory Blvd. See forum section for announcements and any changes for a specific month.

TFA Nashville September 2007 Meeting Recap

Postby Tungsten » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:13 am

Standard Meeting Date & Time

Several key things were accomplished tonight, not the least of which was the decision to establish a set date and time at the Nashville chapter will meet from this point forward. That date and time is to be the 3rd Tuesday of Every Month from 6:30pm - 8:00pm at the A.P.P.S facility.

Unless an announcement is sent out superseding this for a given month, that meeting date, time and place stands. This should alleviate any future confusion over whether there is a meeting and when it is. The answer will be YES there is a meeting, and it's at 6:30pm on the 3rd Tuesday. The only exception would be if this fell on a holiday of some sort.

Communication Is Key

One of the things we've complained about here is that communication from the TFA regarding the Nashville chapter seems to have been lacking. I'm going to take John Harris up on his challenge to not just cajole from the sidelines and will be getting together with him this week to try and facilitate good communication to the greater Nashville TFA members on things pertinent to the chapter.

I don't know if this means that Nashville will be represented in TFA email alerts or what. But it does mean that -- for the interim -- I am going to make it my personal responsibility to keep the Nashville members informed electronically. After the elections take place in February, it is my intention that this role of handling chapter communications will officially transition off to the Secretary or whomever is appointed to handle that sort of thing.

Electing Club Officers

It was also decided tonight that the TFA Nashville chapter will kick off 2008 by electing officers. All posts will be up for election, including that of the chapter President ... a declaration made by Perry, the incumbent President himself.

The January 2008 meeting will consist partially of taking nominations for the various offices. After nominations are taken and that part of the meeting is closed, there will be a guest speaker. Several ideas for the speaker were tossed around, one of which being a member of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations. Perhaps we could get him to tell us more about the "instant background checks" ...

The February 2008 meeting will consist of each candidate for offices being given a set amount of time to tell us all why they feel that they are the person for the position they are applying for. Immediately following, elections will be held and officers will be appointed.

The posts up for election will be:

* Chapter President or Chairman
* Chapter Vice President or Vice Chairman
* Secretary / Treasurer
* Sargent at Arms

If you're interested in any of these, you should get involved and definitely be there for the January and February meetings.

The Long Term Plan

Quite a few ideas for guest speakers and chapter projects were tossed around tonight. More ideas will certainly be generated as more people get involved and obviously more people will get involved as the chapter holds productive, informative meetings.

I think the general consensus tonight was that (a.) having a set date and time for meetings and (b.) electing officers to lead the chapter for 2008 were important things that will greatly shape the future of things.

October 2007 Meeting Plan

So what's up for October...

When: Tuesday, October 16th at 6:30pm
Where:

We are hoping that John Harris, TFA's Executive Director and lawyer extraordinaire, will join us once again but this time have a topical presentation followed by a Q&A session. I have yet to speak with Mr. Harris about any of this (sorry, John) but at least one idea was to have him speak on the subject of what you should do immediately following a self-defense shooting.

I'm sure many of us would like to hear a lawyer's perspective on this... especially if that lawyer happens to be one who has been as instrumental in shaping some of our recent gun laws as Mr. Harris has.

So there you have it. The Nashville chapter is alive and moving forward. But like any newly formed (or re-formed) venture, the success of this chapter depends on people getting involved. That part is up to you.
Last edited by Tungsten on Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TFA Member, Nashville Chapter
Tungsten

Postby Tungsten » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 am

By the way... the above is more or less a cut and paste of what I posted about the meeting last night on the after I got home from the meeting.

If you're wondering who I am and why I'm putting this out there... I'm just a guy. A member of the Nashville chapter. I was a member back in 1998 when I first moved to Nashville and renewed my membership this year (2007) when the Nashville chapter was being resurrected.

I'm not the chapter President. :)

I am the founder of the TN Gun Owners forum and electronic communications is my niche. It's something I can do very easily and something that I saw a need for with this newly revitalized chapter... so I'm trying to help facilitate better communication in the hope that Nashville's TFA presence will grow similarly to what we've seen from Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, etc.

So... that's me and that's why I'm posting this stuff.
TFA Member, Nashville Chapter
Tungsten

Nashville chapter

Postby Tim Nunan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Outstanding and well done.

We wish you well.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Postby tnroadrunner » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 am

Very good report and as you know I was not there as I'm in Humphreys county and would like to get a chapter started in our area. Also I'm the guy Burford called and said I won the gun. Which I picked up yesterday morning.
tnroadrunner

Postby johnharris » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:35 am

Congrats Bob, great gun to add to a collection.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Nashville