Re-Start of Rutherford County Chapter

Rutherford County AND surrounding areas (including southern Davidson County)

Moderators: Matt Studd, John C

Re-Start of Rutherford County Chapter

Postby TNReb » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 pm

Greetings to all. I am interested in seeing if we can restart a Rutherford County TFA Chapter. I attended the Nashville meeting on June 15th and talked to some folks from Murfreesboro and I had previously mentioned this to John Harris.

My son owns and operates the City Cafe just off the square in Murfreesboro. He has a private room upstairs that will seat about 50 comfortably and more if you really like each other. I was thinking we could do like the Nashville Chapter and get together early for a meal and have the meeting afterwards. The Cafe closes at 7:00 and while we can stay over (I know the owner :lol: ), we would need to get through somewhere around that time. I was thinking that a Monday, Tuesday or Thursday night would be good to meet, but I would like to be able to still attend the Nashville meetings on the third Tuesday of the month. I am very open to suggestion and comments.

If you think you would be willing to commit to this effort please pm me or email to rnperkins@comcast.net. If we have enough interest I will get back to everyone with more info.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!
TNReb

Re: Re-Start of Rutherford County Chapter

Postby RobertNashville » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:27 am

I've been thinking about this for a while now myself!

I've eaten at City Cafe many, many times (although I have to admit, not recently). Good food and I've always felt welcomed there - I'm sure I've spoken to your son many times.

Moving on; I'm certainly willing to throw my hat into the ring to help get this going. I too want to continue to attend the Nashville meetings and, more importantly, I don't want to do anything that would take away from the Nashville meeting either. However, like any organization that wants to grow, TFA needs more and more chapters and more and more places/opportunities for people to get involved.

All that said, any way I can help please contact me here (through PM)

One more thought; I think the Outpost Armory could be another possible location (perhaps a rotation?).

I had a chance to meet Ronnie Barrett a few months ago (really nice guy by the way although we mostly talked "cars"!) and I'm a pretty frequent customer of Outpost Armory - I'm not sure of the specific legal arrangement but I think his son and/or both of them are the owners. Along with the gun shop they have a nice restaurant there as well and the food is good...I suspect they would be willing to be a location for meetings as well...it's at least something to consider.
Robert
-My Basset Hound is smarter than your honor student and 52% of the voting public -
RobertNashville

Re: Re-Start of Rutherford County Chapter

Postby falcon1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:00 am

Email sent. Thanks!
falcon1

Return to Rutherford County