[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Chapter formation

Chapter formation

Rutherford County AND surrounding areas (including southern Davidson County)

Moderators: Matt Studd, John C

Chapter formation

Postby johnharris » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:33 am

Local TFA chapters are important in that the local organization allows for the discussion of ideas and the opportunity for like-minded individuals to meet and work together.

A new chapter in Rutherford County also affords the local TFA members in Rutherford the opportunity to have a direct impact on the efforts to expand our rights to keep and bear arms.

Specifically, Rep. Kent Coleman of District 44 voted against our bills this past session, and local TFA members can have a direct impact on this race year.

The first meeting will be held Thursday, August 28th, at 7 P.M. at the On Target Indoor Shooting Range and Training Center. The location is 915 West Thompson Lane in Murfreesboro. John Harris, the Executive Director of TFA, will be the speaker for the evening.

Please plan now to attend, and bring a friend.
johnharris
Site Admin

Not from Rutherford County

Postby f5fstop » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:14 pm

But, can anyone attend?
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..." (Richard Henry Lee)
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton)
f5fstop

Postby johnharris » Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:28 am

Absolutely. Non Member (perhaps better to call them 'not yet members') are always welcome.

My belief is that TFA exists and offers information to promote the safe and responsible use and ownership. The is very little - if anything - that I can think of that TFA provides that is not made available to members and non-members alike. I do it this way because I do not want an individual to think that their membership money is to buy them something such as a hat, magazine, video, deer scent, etc. as so many organizations do. I do not want anyone to think that important information is being held back or held hostage for the almighty dollar. I do not want anyone who has a question about firearms ownership to have that question go without a response.

I want individuals and businesses to purchase a membership as a way of showing support for the effort and promoting it.

I have had friends tell me that it is the most bizzare sales pitch that they have seen when I answer the question "what does a member get" and I say "nothing that I would not give freely to a non-member."

Aside from that, there are many TFA members who will give discounts to TFA members or people who join on the spot. In my law practice, for exampe, I am giving a $100 credit to a client on their account if they are a TFA member. I am essentially crediting back enough money for a 3 year membership, or a membership + a hat, shirt or knife.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby f5fstop » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:19 pm

Good, since there does not seem to much interest in a Nashville/Local County area chapter, maybe I'll attend.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..." (Richard Henry Lee)
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton)
f5fstop

Rutherford Co. meeting

Postby Shiloh » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:46 pm

:oops:I'm an idiot! I completely forgot about the Rutherford Co. meeting, and I live righ there in M'boro. How did it go?
--Todd Watts
Last edited by Shiloh on Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life, NAHC Life, graduate of CO School of Trades Gunsmithing school, Volunteer at Stones River Nat'l Battlefield, Member of 9th KY Co.B (US) infantry.
Shiloh

Postby johnharris » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:15 pm

I hesitate to self-evaluate my role in the project. The true test of the success of the project is not how did the last one go but will it continue.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Return to Rutherford County