[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - We've lost one of our own...

We've lost one of our own...

Keep it family clean but here is the place to share your firearms and political jokes, humor, etc.

We've lost one of our own...

Postby TacticaLogic » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 pm

It saddens me to have to announce that Christopher "Chris" Hughes, known on the forum as "Lilredhunter", passed away unexpectedly on Friday, November 5th at his residence... While most of our members where not fortunate enough to know Chris personally, I was... Chris was not a complicated man. He was not a rich man. But he was a good man that cared about others. He was a volunteer in a couple of rural fire departments, and was (at one time, until an injury prevented him from continuing) an EMT. Chris made his life around helping people... He was a real family man and loved his wife and kids beyond description. He was very proud of his girls...

Chris loved his father dearly, and earlier this year I was lucky enough to be able to help Chris maintain a memory of his dad. You can check out his post on this matter here: . As I drove away from Chris on the day that I delivered the gun, I saw the emotion in Chris's face that can only be felt by a son that has lost his father. We know that we hold a little bit of our dad in our hands as well as our heart when we can resurrect something that he onced owned, be it a car, a piece of furniture, or even a firearm.

As an EMT, Chris was injured when he was trying to rescue a small child from under a wrecked vehicle. The vehicle was being supported by inflatable "rescue air bags"... Unfortunately, one of the bags was punctured by a piece of sharp metal, and the vehicle partially crushed Chris. He was told that he wouldn't walk again, and was in a wheel chair for a couple of years before he was able to prove the doctors wrong. He made himself walk again on willpower and determination.

Chris was one of the individuals that drove to Spring Hill last year to provide support to David Lewis and me when we addressed the Spring Hill Board of Mayor and Aldermen in regard to our right to carry in parks. (We won that one, by the way.) He loved this forum, our right to self-defense, and firearms in general. I am heartbroken to think of his wife and his two daughters being without him.

I thought everyone should be made aware of this loss, and ask that you please keep his family in your prayers during this devasting time... I know that I am all the better for having known him.

- Mike

His Obituary:

Christopher “Chris” Hughes, age 44, a resident of Morgan Creek Road in Centerville, passed away Friday, November 5 at his residence. Born August 8, 1966 in Maury County, son of the late Samuel and Mary Frances Stewart and the husband of Eunice Cannon Hughes. He worked as a security officer and as a Paramedic/EMT Fire Fighter for the Shady Grove and Maury Rural Fire Departments.

In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children: Rebecca Lynn Hughes and Tiffany Amber Hughes, both of Centerville; cousins: Cheryl White, Sharon Arnold, Johnny Winn, and Margaret Slaughter, all of Columbia, Patty Holcomb and Debbie Vaughn, both of Culleoka and Lynn Crumley of KY.

A memorial service for Chris will be conducted at 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, November 11, 2010 in the chapel of the Williams Funeral Home of Columbia with Jason Shaw officiating.

The family request that memorial donations be made to the Chris Hughes Fund, PO Box 38, Columbia, TN 38402.

Williams Funeral Home of Columbia is in charge of arrangements.

Condolences may be sent to the family at http://www.williamsfh.com
For training beyond the carry permit:

TacticaLogic

Re: We've lost one of our own...

Postby David Lewis » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:59 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. In my brief contact with him, he impressed me as having a warm personality, and was without
question an ardent & staunch supporter of our rights.

My sympathy to his family in this tragic loss.

David
David Lewis

Postby redbarron06 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:33 am

Prayers sent for his family and friends

Army Aviation Association of America
National Rifle Association
Gun Owners of America
Tennessee Firearms Association
redbarron06

Postby C. Richard Archie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:27 pm

I never got to meet him face to face, but has several exchanges on-line. He was very interested and active in the struggle for our Rights. My sympathies to his family and friends.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby fl0at » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:29 pm

My prayers for his family as well. I never met him, but that is my loss I am sure.
fl0at

Return to Campfire