[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Scope suggestions

Scope suggestions

High power or small bore your areas of interest?

Scope suggestions

Postby Butch Butler » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I am new to long range shooting.I bought a 308 and it came with a 3x9.It works fine for a couple hundred yards but I want to shoot groups out to maybe 500 yards and this scope want cut.Budget is tight as usual so it will have to be affordable and still stand up to the recoil which is not that bad. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Butch
Butch Butler

Re: Scope suggestions

Postby C. Richard Archie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 pm

I love the Bushnell line of scopes for the money. The 3200 line up, (4200 and 6500) are about as good a quality as you can get. Their proprietary coating (Rainguard) is the cats meow as far as surface fogging is concerned.

I have a 6500 2.5X16X42 Mildot that is good a scope as I ever owned. Side mounted AO, 30 mm tube.

Or if you are looking for higher powers there is the 4.5X30X50, I have that one on my .25 wildcat. I really like that scope.

Last edited by C. Richard Archie on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." Samuel Adams

TFA/NRA Life Member
Chapter Leader, West TN Regional Chapter
C. Richard Archie

Postby Underground » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm

I have a 10x Super Sniper ( ) on my .308 700, they're very solid scopes for the money.

Vector and Konus are two that are making some good quality low-midrange scopes.
Underground

Postby johnharris » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 am

I have looked at those Bushnell's and they are nice - not the kind of stuff that they made in the past. Last time I needed a scope, I was tempted by Richard's advice but ended up using an extra one I already had which was a Leupold VXIII.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby John Sides » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Check out Millett scopes, I have a on my M-1-A its very clear 6x18x50 with 30mm tube .
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
John Sides

Postby jarhead » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:24 am

Nikon Buckmaster is in my opinion, the best scope for the money. The glass is bright and clear and they will stand up to recoil as good as any other. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mil dot and I would challenge anyone to find a clearer scope for the money.
If you want longer range, they make a 6-18x40 also and offer these with various reticles. The Sportsman guide has them about as cheap as anyone. You might pick up a used one off of the snipershide forum also. Anyway, hope it helps.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes ... 40-sf.html

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/n ... x?a=353438
The LORD [is] on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? -- Psalm 118:6
jarhead

Return to Long Range