Attack on parks bill begins in Hamblen county

Presently inactive - needs chapter leader or team

Moderators: Tim Nunan, Bill Kaylor

Attack on parks bill begins in Hamblen county

Postby Tim Nunan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:03 pm

One of our more active members has just informed me that he's heard that a Hamblen county commissioner is going to bring up the closing of the county parks to the handgun carry tomorrow 18 June, 2009 at the county court house. I addressed this possibility at the chapter meeting last night.

Apparently the Morristown city council met last night and with the rumor of the council addressing park carry a large number of pro-gun citizens attending the council tabled any such discussion to the next meeting.

Part of the park carry bill provides that local governments may opt-out of allowing those with handgun carry permits (HCP) to carry in city/local parks.

According to the Hamblen county web site, http://hamblencountygovernment.us/ while the commission normally meets the Thursday following third Monday each month:

"06.26.09 - Update: Hamblen County Election Commission Meeting
The Hamblen County Election Commission regular monthly meeting has been rescheduled. The meeting will be held on June 26 at 3:30 p.m. in the Election Commission Office. An item on the agenda is the appointment of the new Administrator of Elections." This date does not corespond to the reported meeting of 18 June so I'm not sure which is correct.

I urge all pro gun citizens to attend these meetings to show our support for our gun rights.
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Return to Morristown