[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - TFA Shelby County Chapter 7/17 Meeting

TFA Shelby County Chapter 7/17 Meeting

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Postby dwaldrip » Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:45 pm

All:

The July meeting of the TFA Shelby County Chapter will be Thursday, July 17th at 7 PM at RangeUSA in Bartlett. The meeting will be in the classroom next to the Liberty Grille.

Our program this month will be a presentation by Mitchell Northcutt, a Senior Director of the website www.awbansunset.com. The "Assault Weapons Ban" is a part of the 1994 Clinton Crime bill and is scheduled to sunset in September of 2004. This issue could shape up as a political hot potato in the 2004 election year, especially as some of the Democrats push for a renewal of the ban and the "moderate" Republicans try to figure out what to do. So, come hear the latest about the situation and what you need to do to have your voice heard.

The next Friends of the NRA planning meeting will be July 22nd at Memphis Sports Shooting Association at 7 PM. Mark your calendar with the Friends of the NRA banquet date of October 9th at Woodland Hills. This will be an important fund raising event for the shooting sports, including the University of Memphis Rifle Team.

Finally, our speakers list is open for the final three meetings of the year: August, September, and October. If you are interested in hearing from a certain speaker or a certain type of presentation, please let me know and I'll do my best to line them up.

See you Thursday the 17th, and bring a friend.

David Waldrip
Shelby County Chapter
dwaldrip

Postby dwaldrip » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:22 pm

All:

This is a reminder that our Chapter Meeting is Thursday night at . The Assault Weapons ban affects you every time you go to buy a gun or a magazine for it. You need to hear what our speaker is going to say about the issue.

Also, if you're not on the TFALAC email alert list, you didn't see the from Senator Alexander stating his support for the expiration of the Assault Weapons ban. As most of you know, during last year's primary, I was pulling as hard as I could pull for Ed Bryant. Let me be the first to say that I'm ecstatic about both the Senator's position and his early timing of announcing it. Josh Thomas, a staff member of Senator Alexander's Memphis office, will be at our meeting Thursday night to give us a short update on this and a couple of other issues.

And, tickets for the Friends of the NRA banquet on Oct. 9th should be available to us.

Make a difference. Please join us, and bring a friend.

David Waldrip
Shelby County Chapter
TFA
dwaldrip

Postby hkgonra » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:55 pm

Just got back from my first meeting. I am kicking myself for not going sooner !!!

Everyone was great !

Got to meet David, and reps from Blackburn and Alexander.
The speaker was talking about the aw ban. This is THE issue that got me involved in politics, I voted for Clinton ( please don't shoot me) in '92 which was the first election I was old enough to vote in. I learned my lesson. I will never take 2nd amm issues for granted again.

If you have never been to a meeting I encourage you to go. Range USA is a GREAT place to visit , nice family atmosphere and great food.

1-2 hours 1 night a month to be in a group of people that support YOUR issues is worth the time out of your busy schedule.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
hkgonra

Postby dwaldrip » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:30 pm

HK, it was good to meet you, too. Thanks for the kind words, and hope to see you back.

By the way, any requests as to who you'd like to hear from next, or a topic you'd like to hear about?
David Waldrip
"The most dangerous assumption to make is to assume that someone else, or some other group, is already fighting for your rights. If you don't fight, believe me, very few others wil be fighting your fight."
dwaldrip

Postby MitchSchaft » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:23 am

I'd like to hear from Mr. Mason again :D. I heard him when he was here last year and he is very motivating.

Or was that Mr. Harris?.... I have a terrible memory at such a young age....
MitchSchaft

Postby hkgonra » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:20 pm

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
hkgonra

Postby hkgonra » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:23 pm

hkgonra

Postby MitchSchaft » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:29 am

MitchSchaft

Return to Shelby County / Memphis