Meetings/Wharton ?

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Meetings/Wharton ?

Postby CCTiger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:12 pm

When are Shelby County meetings typically. I joined TFA a few months ago, but am unaware of scheduled meetings times/places?

Also, is there any organization or work being done to meet Wharton on the battlefield so to speak on his gun control proposals or statements?
CCTiger

Re: Meetings/Wharton ?

Postby Sky King » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Normally we meet the third Thursday of each month at Range USA on Old Whitten Rd. The meetings start at 7 PM. We do not meet the month of November and December due to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I have not heard whether or not we will resume this Thursday or not.

As for Wharton. I know of no groups that are actively trying to meet him head-on on Second Amendment issues. I would say it is likely because he is a very deceatfull individual. He is a member of Bloomberg's MAIG and his mind is made up. You can not be rational with an irrational individual. I don't trust Wharton any further than I could throw him. In my opinion, the only thing that separates Wharton and Herenton is that Wharton is slicker and smoother. Herenton's was openly stupid, ignorant and arrogant.
Sam Cooper
Memphis, Tennessee
Sky King

Postby johnharris » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

CCTiger-

If you look at the forum topics, there is an entire section that lists when each chapter (current and inactive) has scheduled their meetings. Memphis meets, if I recall, the 3rd Thursday of each month which will be Thursday, Jan 17 if I am correct. They meet at RangeUSA in the evenings.

I leave the inactive ones online so that perhaps members in the area will take the initiative to revive them.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Pat McGarrity » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am

Thanks for your question CC Tiger. As John and Sam replied, we meet the third Thursday of the month, Jan-Oct. at Range USA, 2770 Whitten Rd. just off Summer and Kirby-Whitten.

http://www.rangeusa.com/

We meet at 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM and I apologize for not getting this to you sooner. I send out e-mails with meeting information and would be glad to add you to the e-mail list. I also usually post meeting information here on the Shelby TFA Forum, however, the computer I use for TFA and my on-line business had been in the shop, so I didn’t post the January 17th, 2013 meeting info in time.

Because I have a full time job and own a small business, it’s difficult to answer the volume of e-mail I get. Please feel free to reply here to be added to the Shelby TFA e-mail list. I do not inundate list members with irrelevant information. Nor do I send a large volume of e-mails, mostly just legislative and public relations information related to gun rights and most of that is at the local and state level.

Please know you’re welcome at the Shelby TFA. Although we always welcome new members, Shelby TFA monthly meetings are open to the public and you do not have to be a member to attend. I expect to have some really interesting guest speakers this year!

As for Mayor Wharton, he has a mind like a steel trap… rusted closed. He has been invited to speak to the Shelby TFA for years as you will see in the link below, and done so in a very gracious way if I do say so myself.

As Sam mentioned, Wharton is a member of NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s militant outlaw anti-gun mayors organization. They should be titled Illegal Mayors Against Guns. The Bloomberg Mayors sent their employees to gun shows in states outside of New York. These employees made straw purchases of firearms at gun shows in those states, including Tennessee. Doing that is a serous crime. They committed multiple federal felonies (and probably state ones as well, John could confirm that) to manufacture evidence to sue gun sellers and manufacturers. Plus, as the video shows, Bloomberg and his mayors pimped their propaganda with help from their anti-gun comrades in the media. The video evidence of these crimes is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOnS7L4AwI

BATFE has done nothing to prosecute these crimes. Wharton is a proud member of Bloomberg’s outlaw, anti-civil rights organization. You will see in a link below that not only have I sent Wharton the evidence of the Bloomberg crew’s crimes, I asked him to meet with us to discuss his resignation from this criminal organization.

Wharton is not the rational individual portrayed by the media. After attempting to work with him as county mayor on the former public shooting range and common sense legislation such as LEGALALLY ARMED CITIZENS and parks carry, let me tell you, he is irrationally anti-gun. Sam was right on target describing Wharton.

In the link below you will see several untruths, written by Wharton himself, directly to me:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1214&p=3892&hilit=wharton#p3892

He never produced records where he corresponded with TFA members as he stated. He said he would get that to me “tomorrow” and that was June 2nd, 2004. Well, I’m still waiting… I called his office, left messages and sent him e-mails regarding the range at Shelby Farms, which the tax-payers own, but cannot use.

Wharton writes, “before closing the range I sought to find a private operator but had no luck.” Really? We (TFA) offered to operate the range with volunteers from TFA – AT NO CHARGE. We suggested a fee increase to cover their insurance and other operational costs. (The labor cost was minimal as most work was done by Shelby County Penal Farm trustees.

He closes with “I truly believe you made your erroneous statements in the belief that I would not read your note. I personally read my e-mails so if that is the case you were dead wrong. Not only will I answer your e-mails but would welcome the opportunity to meet with you face-to-face. When I take a position I am willing to defend it."

Sounds good, very rational and politician like, but the truth is he ignored my many attempts to contact him and ONLY when I openly showed his e-mail as being contacted in a public release did he respond from his BlackBerry. Bear in mind that this was when he was Shelby County Mayor, now that he has a more urban constituency as Memphis Mayor, he doesn’t even try to pretend not to be the gun grabber that he is. Just a month ago he said to local television media that he dared anyone to talk to him about the Second Amendment and "Nobody has a second amendment right to load up and kill a police officer,". As if someone in the gun rights community did or would make such a ridicules statement.

So CC Tiger, in his own words, meet the REAL A.C. Wharton.

In Liberty,

Pat McGarrity

At Your Service - Shelby County TFA Director
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis