Jim Harrell “Write-In” campaign

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Jim Harrell “Write-In” campaign

Postby Pat McGarrity » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 am

Please support the pro-gun candidate in the Tennessee District 96 House Race, Jim Harrell!

From Jim:

You are aware that I, Jim Harrell, am conducting a “Write-In” campaign for the District 96 House of Representatives seat that has been “occupied”, and that is about the extent of it, by Steve McManus. I did run a campaign against him in the Republican Primary securing 20 to 25% of the votes. His campaign must have spent practically all of the campaign funds to him, about $60,000, with his having done, I believe it was, four mail-outs along with one paid for by the state on state house stationary, and one robo-call effort.

I had personal money to spend on the Primary but did not appreciably do that. A small amount of the money came from Jennifer and me. All other monies came from individual donations. I did not attempt to compete with my opponent’s PAC funds from special interests and outside Tennessee support he had. Because I did investigate the cost of a campaign like my opponent’s, I am fairly confident he has spent all his funds. That advantage allowed what I described above and through “name recognition” from activities mentioned just before the Primary … he was able to win that election.

Since my feeling is that my opponent has exhausted his campaign funds … there is the opportunity to NOW win this Tennessee House District 96 seat on the merit of my pledge to represent the people! My hope was and still is … to get the message out that … Jim Harrell … will represent the people of Tennessee House District 96 not the other … politicians in the Tennessee state legislature or local politicians, etc. I will put forth my absolute personal strength and effort to achieve it. Private contributions in the Primary nor my personal resources could not compete with my opponents financial support from PACs and outside interests.

Now here is My “strategy”: With this email is an “attachment”. It tells the story of my opposition to the current Tennessee House of Representatives “seat-holder” in Tennessee’s District 96. On the attachment it is requested that the email or a copy be sent and/or given by the recipient to people, friends, family, those they know … in District 96 who want to have a representative that will bring legislation to the Tennessee legislature for stopping the present method of annexation returning that decision to … “the consent of the governed”!

This effort is to surprise my opponent with a “grass-roots” referendum on his having done “nothing” is his six years in the Tennessee House to avert and change the present means of municipal annexation. In addition, my intention is to provide to those who have been “annexed in opposition to their will” an opportunity from legislation to deannex from the municipality that adjoined them causing them to realize property tax increases without adding or improving services or keeping exemptions they enjoyed before annexation! Help give the people of Tennessee House District 96 the voice they should have on these and other issues in Nashville by taking advantage of the present situation and the high emotions from recent events in District 96 to have a REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE PEOPLE … me, JIM HARRELL!

Take this message and let it be known to all you know. Send, give, take to, those in District 96 the attachment. Point out that my name … MUST BE TYPED IN AS FOLLOWS … JIM HARRELL. It can work … the people of District 96 can win!!!! Website: http://www.JimWorksForMe.com

PS. Also attached is my preliminary “plan” for Cordova … Creating Cordova Consciousness

**Below is … “Early Voting Dates” and “Voting Locations” to help … Thank You!

Downtown Early Voting Location: Shelby County Office Building, 157 Poplar Ave. 38103

Beginning, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 through Thursday, November 1, 2012

Weekdays 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Saturday, October 20, 2012, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

AND

Early Voting Satellite Locations

Beginning, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 through Thursday, November 1,2012

Weekdays 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Saturdays, October 20 and October 27, 2012, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis