Shelby TFA Meeting 9/16/10

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Shelby TFA Meeting 9/16/10

Postby Pat McGarrity » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 pm

The Shelby County Chapter of the Tennessee Firearms Association will meet Thursday, 9/16/10 at 7:00 PM (19:00) at Range USA:

http://www.rangeusa.com/

2770 Whitten Rd. in Memphis. Please support Range USA, they support TFA!

At this Thursday's meeting we will be planning and getting volunteers for our TFA booth at the Bartlett Celebration, Saturday, 9/25/10. Details, including our booth number will be posted soon.

Plus, we have a very interesting guest speaker. He has asked that we not use his last name. Bob is a former Federal Flight Deck Officer for a major airline that is trained for combat in terrorist takeover situations. He is a regular competitive shooter and winner in action shooting scenarios, has graduated from many major shooting schools (including Jeff Cooper's Gunsite), and has been lawfully carrying a concealed handgun for many years. He is an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor in rifle, shotgun, and handgun.

He is well-experienced in concealing handguns by numerous methods. He competes and wins events using both auto pistols and revolvers, so whatever type of handgun you prefer, he has extensive talent in using it well. Bob also handloads ammunition for his own use, so he understands firearms from the primer spark to the target. I look forward to Bob's visit and seeing you there.
Although we welcome new members, TFA meetings are open to the public and you do not have to be a member to attend.

In Liberty,

Pat McGarrity

At Your Service - Shelby County TFA Director

Pat McGarrity

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."

-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785

http://www.tennesseefirearms.com
Pat McGarrity

Re: Shelby TFA Meeting 9/16/10

Postby Louiewu » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Pat;

When is the next meeting (ie October). I am a TFA member and would like to attend but need to clear my calendar for the date. Also do you have an email list you maintain to notify shelby chapter members of upcoming events other then this forum?

Jerry hindle
Louiewu

Re: Shelby TFA Meeting 9/16/10

Postby Pat McGarrity » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Jerry, our October meeting will be on October 21st. Please send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the Shelby list.

Thanks Again,

Pat

patjaxtec@aol.com
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis