Update: Pat's Picks: May 4th Election

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Update: Pat's Picks: May 4th Election

Postby Pat McGarrity » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Since this was released I have learned that in the County Commission, District 4, Position 1 candidate, Chris Thomas, is a TFA Member, Carry Permit Holder and supports parks and restaurant carry.

He is also 100% against consolidation. Here we have another opportunity to have another TFA Member on the County Commission, giving gun owners a much needed voice there.

Thanks for your time,

Pat McGarrity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply-to: tennfirearmsassoc@yahoogroups.com
To: tennfirearmsassoc@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 4/26/2010 7:20:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: [tennfirearmsassoc] Pat's Picks: May 4th Election

Here are a few of my picks in the May 4th primary coming up. These are just my opinions that I believe are in the best interest of gun owners, tax-payers and our liberties in general. TFA generally does not endorse candidates in primaries.

There's so much going on that threatens our liberties in our country right now that I believe I need to be involved in stopping. I just wish I had more time and there were more of us involved. Granted, there are more that have awakened now than maybe ever before in our lifetime, so there is hope. Real hope, not the platitudes that the narcissist & chief is reading off his teleprompter...

Because this is largely gun rights focused, I didn't waste time on the local Democrat primary races. If there is a lessor of evils available in races where there is not a Republican or Independent running, I'll pass that on as info becomes available. Your feedback and info is welcome and appreciated.

Early voting runs through April 29, 2010:

Weekdays 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Saturday, April 24, 2010, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Last Day: Thursday, April 29, 2010, 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM

Locations may be found at:

http://www.shelbyvote.com/scVote/dotSho ... 050410.htm

Pat's Picks:

1. Shelby County Mayor: Mark Luttrell
2. County Commission, District 1, Position 1: Write in whomever you wish. RINO, Anti-Gun politician, Mike Ritz, is running unopposed, sadly. Ritz ONLY wants VIOLENT CRIMINALS armed in Shelby County parks. He doesn't trust his LEAGALLY ARMED constituents. I'm leaning towards writing in Dennis Miller.
3. County Commission, District 1, Position 2: Heidi Shafer. Hedi will bring much needed integrity to the County Commission and increase the few voices the tax-payers and gun owners have there now.
4. County Commission District 1, Position 3: Joe Baier. The best thing about Joe Baier is that he’s not RINO, anti-gun politician, Mike Carpenter. While the accusations have flown back and forth between Bair and Carpenter; we know for sure that Carpenter ONLY wants VIOLENT CRIMINALS armed in Shelby County parks. He doesn't trust his LEAGALLY ARMED constituents. That is a matter of record that I witnessed personally. Also, Carpenter is a cheerleader for CONSOLADATION of the SHERIFF’S OFFICE and MEMPHIS POLICE DEPARTMENTS. A bad idea for many reasons and one has to wonder what motivates Carpenter on that one? Lastly, Carpenter's radio ads are some of biggest loads of BS ever produced.
5. Dist. 4 Position 1: Chris Thomas
6. County Commission District 4, Position 2: Wyatt Bunker. Wyatt is the best friend gun owners and tax-payers have on the Commission today. A TFA Member, Wyatt not only votes for our civil rights, he speaks to support them and leads the way on the Commission.
7. County Commission District 4, Position 3: Terry Roland. A TFA Member, Terry will bring much needed integrity to the County Commission and the increase the few voices the tax-payers and gun owners have there now. Electing Terry is one of the last opportunities we will have to save Shelby County. He has specific solutions to help turn around the exodus of the tax base here.
8. County Commission District 5: Rolando Toyos. An ophthalmologist with his own practice, making his first bid for elected office, Dr. Toyos is the only Republican running against Democrat incumbent, anti-gun, law professor, Steve Mulroy. Mulroy ONLY wants VIOLENT CRIMINALS armed in Shelby County parks. He doesn't trust his LEAGALLY ARMED constituents and his vote proves that. Mulroy attempts to also verbally disarm the victims of his civil rights violations with a large helping of Orwellian double speak. He is incapable of answering a question with the words “YES” or “NO”. The general election will be held August 5th.
9. Sheriff: Bill Oldham. Chief Deputy Oldham plans to continue the progress of the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department that Sheriff Luttrell has accomplished. Chief Oldham met with TFA regarding our gun rights. His position on Restaurant Carry is the same as Sheriff Luttrell; the laws the Legislature passes will be enforced. He supports citizen carry and is against consolidation of the MPD and Sheriff’s Office. Also, Chief Oldham is recommended by sources in the Sheriff’s Office that I trust. The general election will be held August 5th.
10. Register: Tom Leatherwood. Tom has modernized the Register's office, and it's one of the best run areas of local government. He even returned a surplus to go towards the county debt.

Thanks for your time.

In Liberty,

Pat McGarrity
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis