Upcomming legislation

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Upcomming legislation

Postby Pat McGarrity » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:26 am

From TFA Member, Sam Cooper:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: PatjaxTEC@aol.com
Sent: 2/25/2010 10:51:15 A.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Fw: Upcomming legislation

Pat,
As with the other letter, this is the one I sent to MY representative, Ulysses Jones. Please feel free to forward this on as well to the forum and the members.

Also as you can see in the text, it is my intent to go to Nashville that Wednesday. I know many do not have the flexability to do so, but it would be nice to see a good group from Memphis up there. I think it would be good if we could start gathering names of those who wish or plan to go. We may be able to work out mutual transportation for some of us.

Sam

--- On Thu, 2/25/10, Sam Cooper <n1bmxw3@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Subject: Upcomming legislation
To: rep.ulysses.jones@capitol.tn.gov
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 10:44 AM

Representative Jones,

I am Sam Cooper. I live in your district. On several occasions I have had the pleasure of speaking with you via telephone and in person. A few times it was at various functions in Memphis such as the Raleigh Community Council and once a couple of years ago, you and I were able to talk in the cafeteria at the Legislative Plaza in Nashville.

I have always supported and have asked you to support the many bills concerning my Second Amendment Right and handgun carry issues.

On March 10, 2010, these bills are scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Criminal Practices sub-committee. HB-0842, HB-1801, HB-2567, HB-3240, HB-3141, HB-2694, HB-2719, and HB-2726. I am asking you to support these bills. Of particular interest to me are HB-3141 and HB-2694. These two speak to an employee being able to keep their weapon locked in their vehicle while parked on employers parking lot, and address the restraunt carry issue respectively.

As you know, I have traveled to Nashville to support legislation that is of particular interest to me and time permitting, I plan to be in Nashville on March 10th for this sub-committee hearing again to support these bills. While there, I will come by your office to touch bases with you.

As your constituant, I expect your support for these bills. I await your response back as to whether or not you will support these bills and if not, why you do not so your concerns can be addressed.

Thank you

Sam Cooper

Memphis, Tennessee

n1bmxw3@bellsouth.net
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis