[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Recap: Memphis Friends of the NRA

Recap: Memphis Friends of the NRA

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

Recap: Memphis Friends of the NRA

Postby AlphaPatriot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:16 am

US Representative from TN Marsha Blackburn
TN House Minority Leader Tre Hargett
TN Senator Mark Norris
TN Representative Dolores Gresham
TN Representative Paul Stanley
Shelby County Sheriff Mark Luttrell
Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice-President of the National Rifle Association
Reverend Bill Adkins

These are just some of the 300+ people at the Memphis Friends of the NRA Banquet. I missed talking to Rep. Blackburn because I wasn't pushy enough before the meal, and I didn't try to get close to Wayne LaPierre because he was surrounded by a mob all the time, and I missed saying hi to the Sheriff and Norris. Everyone else I talked to.

I thanked Tre Hargett (my rep) for his work and talked to him about next year's legislative agenda as it relates to gun rights. I sat at the same table as Rep. Gresham and talked to her a little. I also introduced myself to Rev. Adkins and thanked him for his work in saving the Shelby County Gun Range at Shelby Farms. The good reverend promised to come speak at a TFA meeting, which I eagerly look forward to.

These are the people that politically concerned people need to talk to, and these are the people that need a talking to. Every time they come out of the insulating halls of government they need to be made aware of what we the people think, what concerns us, and what is troubling us.

All in all, it was truly an excellent, excellent evening. The food was good, LaPierre gave a stirring address, there were games with big prizes, silent auctions, and a real, live auction (the name of the auctioneer escapes me but he was a professional that really livened things up). A good time was had by all.

This was my first Friends of the NRA Banquet. It certainly will not be my last.
AlphaPatriot
AlphaPatriot

Postby dwaldrip » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:46 pm

Here is an email I received Friday from FONRA chairman, and TFA member, Mike Webb.

David

Hey Folks, THANK-YOU,THANK-YOU,THANK-YOU for the GREATEST BANQUET EVER!!!!! We had an excellent banquet last night due to everyone's hard work this year and I can't say THANK-YOU enough. We had a gross dollar figure of $62,000.00 and a net figure of $42,000.00. The Memphis Friends of NRA Chapter is now the number one chapter in the state of Tennessee of funds raised in 2003 and also has set an all time record for the highest amount of funds ever raised in the state of Tennessee. We will be having a wrap-up meeting in the very near future, I will let you know. When we have our next meeting, please bring all your comments and ideas for next year's banquet too. The banquets just keep getting bigger and better each year!!!! Again, THANKS to each and everyone!!!!!! Mike Webb
dwaldrip

Return to Shelby County / Memphis