CA: Does SC residents carry handguns make you feel safe?

TFA's largest and most active local chapter.

Moderators: AlphaPatriot, Pat McGarrity

CA: Does SC residents carry handguns make you feel safe?

Postby Pat McGarrity » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Thanks to Fayette County, Class III, TFA Member, Jonathan May for bringing this to my attention. I will write the appropriate reply; explaining that violent crime always drops where citizens carry and how our safety/legal record is outstanding, etc. You know, I'm using the old truth & facts tactic. I've noticed anti-gun types base their prejudice on their emotions...

Let's be sure and tell them how we "feel" about having the tools and training to protect ourselves & family in this area with rampant violent crime.

Thanks,

Patriot Pat

From Jonathan:

Pat,

Something to pass along...

The Communist Appeal's Sunday Edition has an segment called "Hot Button".
It's on the right side of page 5 of the Viewpoint section (V5).

Today (3/11),
At the bottom, they have listed,

"Next week's question"
"According to 2004 figures, Shelby County has about 25,000 residents who hold handgun permits ---
by far the largest number licensed to carry in Tennessee. Davidson County is second with about 11,600 permit holders in 2004.
We'd like to know:

As you go about your daily activities in Greater Memphis, does knowing that roughly 25,000 Shelby County residents have permits to carry handguns, make you feel more --- or less --- safe?"
E-mail your response to hotbutton@commercialappeal.com.

Email the C.A. by 3/14, keep it short (3/4 sentences), include name, home address, and daytime/evening phone number where they can reach you.
They will publish "selected" comments on 3/18.

Thought you might want to share this. ;)

Jonathan M
Pat McGarrity

Return to Shelby County / Memphis