[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - bad day at the shooting range. :(

bad day at the shooting range. :(

General questions and comments that do not fall into other sections.

Moderators: C. Richard Archie, marauder, SomeGuy

bad day at the shooting range. :(

Postby marauder » Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:40 pm

went to the range with my dad today. we were shooting several rifles and what not. we decided to shoot at skeet laying on the ground with our .22 rifles and was nailing them at 200 yards. then he broke out the .22 magnum that my grandfather got many years ago. that made the skeet much easier to shoot. :) well we lined a few more up and reloaded the rifle up. dad handed it to me and said here wear those out real quick and we'll set some more up. well i laid out on my pillows and lined my shot up and gently squeezed the trigger, and then it happened. KABOOOM! the rifle exploded in my hands. the cartridge in the chamber had a case failure and blew down into the tube that holds the rest of the ammo. below is a picture of the casing and the one right below it that went into my face. very luckily my guardian angel was on watch today because i'm not hurt at all. it just startled me and i looked over at my dad and said "pops it blew up in my face". it wasn't till i wiped the gun powder off my face that it struck him as to what happened. he packed up and we left right then. he wouldn't let me shoot any more today. :( so here i am but am very happy to be here as it is.

here's the pic.

the one on the right was in the chamber and the left was in the tube below it.
proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Postby 45ACP » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:36 am

Thats a new one on me. Glad you weren't hurt. Old ammo? Was the gun damaged? Eye protection?
45ACP

Postby marauder » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:14 pm

proud law abiding, gun owning citizen :)
marauder

Return to General Firearms Topics