[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - Glen Jacobs may challenge Alexander

Glen Jacobs may challenge Alexander

General questions and comments that do not fall into other sections.

Moderators: C. Richard Archie, marauder, SomeGuy

Glen Jacobs may challenge Alexander

Postby Tim Nunan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:52 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/29/pro-w ... tennessee/

Glenn Jacobs, the seven-foot-tall professional wrestler better known as Kane, just might be the next Republican senator from Tennessee.

The former WWE world champion (and uncompensated Daily Caller columnist) is already being touted by Tennessee tea-party groups as the man who can beat moderate GOP Sen. Lamar Alexander in 2014.

“It’s well known that Lamar Alexander is considered by most as a RINO (Republican In Name Only),” reads a late-May statement from the Tennessee Alliance of TEA Party & Liberty Groups. “If Mr. Jacobs actually announces his candidacy against Alexander, with such a famous name known around the world, this would be a prime situation for ALL of the Tennessee TEA Parties to strongly support his candidacy.”

Jacobs insists he has “no plans to run at this point.” But, at the same time, he is not prepared to rule it out.

“Of course I know what’s going to happen is the media at first would treat this like a joke,” Jacobs says of his potential candidacy. “There would be a lot of interest in it, but it wouldn’t be taken seriously in that respect, but that’s okay — because I think as it would move along they would find out that I do understand, and I do care, very, very, very deeply. But are those enough to be able to win? Because, frankly, if I’m going to do it, that would be my goal.”

“So you know, there would just have to be a lot of things put in to place, and certainly my family would have to be comfortable with it,” he added.

Jacobs says he’s always been interested in politics, but it wasn’t until around 2004 that he began reading economists of the libertarian “Austrian school” such as Friedrich Hayek, Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard. He calls Henry Hazlitt’s Economics in One Lesson “one of the best books anyone can read,” and also cites von Mises’ Human Action and Rothbard’s Man, Economy, and State as personal favorites. And after listening to Jacobs talk for a while, it becomes apparent that, somewhere along the way, this leather mask-wearing pro-wrestler, who is famous for performing something called a “chokeslam” on his opponents, became a full-blown libertarian nerd.

“My interest in economics just basically comes because I think I’m a curious person, and I’m interested in how the world works,” Jacobs says. “I never studied economics in college because I thought it was all about numbers, and statistics and formula, and computer models. And then I heard about Austrian economics, and I was like, well that’s interesting. And then I started studying Austrian economics, and for those who aren’t familiar with Austrian economics, it’s completely different than the prevailing school of economics, which is Keynesianism. And Keynesianism is all about numbers and formulas.”
Tim Nunan
TFA/NRA Lifemember
GOA member

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
Tim Nunan

Re: Glen Jacobs may challenge Alexander

Postby Idahoser » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:13 pm

I'd love to see both our loser "senators" replaced. Even better if the Senate were restored to it's proper role, the representation of The States.
Idahoser

Postby SomeGuy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:33 pm

J. E. F. II, MSN, RN.
SomeGuy

Postby Fred762 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 pm

I hope he or someone DOES run against that RINO Alexander. I am so sick of hearing that stupid commercial touting hoe LA got thru the law allowing FISHING BELOW DAMS!!! What crap, while he panders to illegals, & sells us out by not pushing for Congressional investigations of IRS, Benghazi, etc etc etc
Fred762

Return to General Firearms Topics