Handgun Carry Permit

General questions and comments that do not fall into other sections.

Moderators: C. Richard Archie, marauder, SomeGuy

Handgun Carry Permit

Postby backwoodsman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:48 pm

I can always tell new members by their questions. This is a great thing! By all means stay involved and encourage your friends, I just wanted to take a moment to clear up one item. CCW is something that does not exist in the state of Tennessee. In Tennessee it is known as an HCP,that is Handgun Carry Permit,and is distinctly different from a CCW. In Tennessee it is not against the law to "print" or carry openly.Just as it is equally lawful to carry concealed which is what most instructors here in Tennessee encourage ,so as not to create alarm on the part of private citizens, and even law enforcement. We are not issued badge's for for LEO's to distinguish us from non permit holders, there is no need for it. Now on the same note, you may find yourself grabbing up wall or pavement with an anxious cop if you choose to carry open,even though it is not against the law to carry open, so in review, just know that if you live here in Tennessee you will be issued an HCP,which is nothing like a CCW, and it will also keep someone from giggling at you, even though not out of meanness , I believe there are distinct advantage's to our type of carry. Protect your liberties and freedoms, spread the word,and participate and enjoy this organization and it's forums.Thank you to all the new members for standing for your rights and joining the organization that does more for the 2nd amendment rights of Tennessee citizens than any other organization, the T.F.A.
"Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God." Benjamin Franklin
"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus (Roman Senator)

T.F.A.
N.R.A.
backwoodsman

Return to General Firearms Topics