[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - TFA Merchant Cards - Please Don't Post

TFA Merchant Cards - Please Don't Post

General questions and comments that do not fall into other sections.

Moderators: C. Richard Archie, marauder, SomeGuy

TFA Merchant Cards - Please Don't Post

Postby johnharris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 am

TFA has produced a new "" card.

The purpose of the card is to provide a polite and non-confrontational means of communicating to businesses, including restaurants, that permit holder are or have been patrons and that we are requesting that they do not elect to post their properties against handgun permit holders. In the context of a merchant, for example, the cards can be left with the payment, left with a tip, handed to a host and/or the manager. It is not necessary to verbally debate the issue.

Please do not call my office asking where you can get these. We have not decided on a cost effective distribution plan of the actual cards as opposed to the PDF. We are printing these for the purpose of distribution at gunshows and chapter meetings. We will probably either ask for donations to offset the costs and/or bundle them in groups of 10, 25, etc. for a specific amount.
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Re: TFA Merchant Cards - Please Don't Post

Postby ProGun » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:27 pm

As a Gun Show promoter (Bill Goodman's Gun Shows) we also have a similar card up in Ohio. Typically I would print some (at my own cost) and pass them out to every patron that comes thru the door at certain advertised Gun Show dates. Each customer would get 1 free. This would spark their interest and they would ask to where they could get more and I would (or the card could) direct them to their website or their booth in the show where patron could order more cards for a donation to the TFA.

Typically when you go out you would carry some in your wallet. Upon noticing the Posted Signs you could politely ask to see a manager. Then simply hand them the card and say thank-you for your time and walk out. No need to make a confrontation or raise a scene.

It has worked for me many times in the past. Most recently the Donatos Pizza chain in Ohio was posting and pne card was all it took near one of our shows in Dayton to get their attention of upper management. Within days I had a email and the signs were ordered to come down all over.

If it is a big chain of stores then we could also make a few announcements (same weekend as we give out the free cards) as to which chain of stores we want to get their attention. We asl patrons who have the card to drop by their nearest "so-and -so" and drop off a card. This works very well and when several people get the attention of upper management then things seem to move quickly.

Bill Goodman's Is a "Life-Time" member of TFA and would would like to assist in getting the word out to all establishements about the TFA, its goals and the rights of Gun Owners. Anything we can do to assit just let us know. We can be reached at ProGun@GunShow.net
ProGun

Postby johnharris » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm

That is always welcome news David!!
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby John Sides » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:47 pm

After Church we had lunch at Ruby Tuesdays in Cookeville , I gave the Manager a one of the TFA Merchant cards and thanked him for not posting his restaurant . He is very interested in carrying also. I pointed the TFA web site to him on the card . The manager ended up Thanking me . Great cards and I think we should thank these people at check out time so that they know that we dined there with out any problems . Maybe word will get around to the others that do post.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
John Sides

Postby Grunt67 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin.....1759
Grunt67

Postby Mousegun » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:14 am

I was at a family owned restaurant once shortly after Tennessee got the ability to carry in places that serve if you are not drinking. The owner came over and asked how the meal and service was. I said great to both and thanked him for not posting a no firearms sign.

He looked at me with a ???? look on his face and asked what I meant.

I found it hard to believe he didn't know what I was talking about but realized it was time to bail on this conversation and I said something to the effect that drinking and shootin' don't go together with a big :lol: on my face.

In other words, changed the subject real fast. I feared that if he knew what I was getting at, it could compromise his future decisions on firearms in his establishment. Better he should be unaware in this case.

Just sayin'.
Bob R.
Mousegun

Return to General Firearms Topics