[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4799: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4801: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4802: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4803: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Tennessee Firearms Assoc. Inc. • View topic - I am just as guilty

I am just as guilty

General questions and comments that do not fall into other sections.

Moderators: C. Richard Archie, marauder, SomeGuy

I am just as guilty

Postby Mousegun » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:53 pm

This site is our own mini NRA in Tennessee. John Harris tirelessly continues to fight for our rights in a RINO filled legislature in Nashville.

I visit the site frequently and occasionally throw in a post, but I too am guilty of not fully supporting the internet version (this site) of the TFA nearly as well as I should.

It is a gateway of knowledge to all we hold dear and we should all be posting information when ever appropriate, so that all involved can be involved.

I see posts that are on the top of the heap from years gone by, under headings that seem to get a lot of attention on other firearm sites, but don't seem to gain attention here.

Please don't get me wrong. This is not written to scold anyone, but more as a hopeful wake up call for all of us to "keep it going." Myself included.

So as an aside, I recently purchased a Daystate Wolverine "regulated" air rifle. It is far and away the best means I have ever found to keep my shooting skills at a high level. It is not, as of yet, considered a firearm in Tennessee and does not fall under the occasionally restrictive laws that hoover over firearms. Consider owning an air rifle if your situation allows for one. An investment in a quality air gun (not just a Wal Mart special) should not be overlooked. I have always thought that if you can shoot an air rifle well, you can shoot almost anything well also.
Bob R.
Mousegun

Re: I am just as guilty

Postby johnharris » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:36 am

The observation about use and resource is quite true. Years ago, it was an active forum for interchange and we tried to expand the forum topics as interest warranted. However, we have noted that for some reason people just do not seem to frequent or use the forum actively. They follow the Facebook and Twitter feeds constantly but not so with the forum. It may be that those other platforms are more mobile friendly.

John
John Harris

Executive Director
Tennessee Firearms Association, Inc.
Attorney
johnharris
Site Admin

Postby Fred762 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:16 pm

I am a forums person from waaay back. Also like air rifles...cheap to shoot and no noise. My old reliable is a Feinwerkebau 124 8) j
Fred762

Postby Fred762 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:26 am

Still guilty. I do not Twatter or Buttbook so I guess I am A Dinosaur...but at 74 I can be 1 if I want. Too bad the forum is so little used. Oh well I still check it weekly at least See ya later. FSA
Fred762

Return to General Firearms Topics